Market Garden 2014
- 12 - 22 September: The living history basecamp at Veghel, hundreds of vehicles and reenactors. Photos
- Saturday 13 september. Para dropping from Dakota at Kilsdonkse molen in Veghel. Photos
- Sunday 14 September. The south corridor route, Leopoldsbrug to Veghel. Photos
- Wednesday 17 september. Commemoration at Oosterbeek memorial. Photos
- Wednesday 17 september. Capture of the Bridge at Grave. Photos
- Saturday 20 September. The mass para dropping at Ginkelse Heide. Photos
- Saturday 20 September. The north corridor route from Veghel to Nijmegen.
- Sunday 21 September. The crossing of the Waal river
Operation Market Garden is commemorated every year with a paradrop on the dropzone of the Kings own Scottish Borderes at Ginkel Heath.
A few thousand people attended this commemoration in 2003. Smaller commemorations where held in several cities and towns along the corridor.
In 1994 at the 50th Anniversary of operation Market Garden the commemoration was an national happening. A large collection of original vehicles (including 5 Sherman tanks) took the original route from belgium to Nijmegen with people cheering them on all along the way.
Para's dropped at the Ginkel Heath near Renkum as well as on Klein Amerika near Groesbeek.
Original aircrafts flew over the corridor on the 17th of december.
Photos of the 2014 commemorations:
© All rights reserved